Friday, February 8, 2013

Pokemon X and Y Trailer Thoughts and Opinions


Time to grab your Pokeballs, and head for a whole new adventure in Pokemon X and Pokemon Y.  As the sixth generation of this franchise, developer Game Freak wanted to try something new, and this new innovation is 3-D!  My personal opinion about 3-D, whether it's from movies or Kid Icarus: Uprising, is that it is not a perfect technology and people should not use it.  I cannot say how Pokemon and 3-D will go together, but it looks gorgeous based on the trailer.  Congrats Game Freak, a main title Pokemon game has three dimensional models in it!  Similar to all the trailers is the introduction of the starter Pokemon; they are Chespin, Fennekin (cute ^_^), and Froakie.  You have to admit that Fennekin (my favorite so far) is an adorable little fox with amazing firepower. 

More importantly, you cannot forget about the mascots of the games, and I'm not talking about Pikachu.  Introducing Xerneas and Yveltal, each representing their game as a corresponding letter (get it, X and Y).  They look extremely badass, and I wouldn't mind catching them along my journey.  I can't find anything bad about the game so far, other than the name of the games themselves.  I feel they got a little lazy, so they use letter variables as names.  I'm already taking math classes, so please don't put math in my Pokemon.  I'm gonna wait for a Pokemon Z, and the game will truly be 3-D (get the math reference?).  If you haven't seen the trailer yet, why haven't you?  Pokemon X and Pokemon Y comes in October of 2013 for the Nintendo 3DS.  Remember, gotta catch 'em all, POKEMON!!!



Pokemon Images and Trailer © Game Freak & Nintendo, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment